Monday, May 09, 2011

well....

Agreed to meet him.... of course he wouldn't decide when and where, so I said the Bowling alley.

I had the kids (all 3, Austin's girlfriend too) the kids bowled, we sat and talked. More BS than any real talking. But it was fun.

Felt weird with the kids there, felt like I was under a microscope, not to do anything inappropriate or it would be held against me. Nothing inappropriate was going to happen, I felt like I was going against their Dad. I know... I shouldn't feel that way, he's had ample opportunity to make a decision and be with me... however, I kinda did.....

I feel like it was a huge step for me to even suggest the bowling center. I work there.... I bowl there... (the kids dad bowls there....)

anyway ... We sat, we watched the ball game (Milwaukee vs St. Louis) ((yes Katie, MIL won)) :P He had a couple beers, I had none, not that he didnt offer. I just didn't feel right.

He kept suggesting going out to dinner (Austin and Sammy had already left, so it was me him and Luke) I told him that I needed to get home and that we'd go to dinner another time. He said he understood. I didn't want to leave the teenagers alone to long here.... Luke took to David pretty quick, of course David is like a big kid himself, constantly teasing and carrying on.

He walked me and Luke to the car, gave me a hug and we were on our way. He texted later and said that he had a good time. :)

Sunday Afternoon he sent me a text saying happy mother's day :)

I asked him if Saturday was as bad or worse than he thought it would be... he said wasn't bad, I had the same smile, the same laugh and the same sense of humor he always loved.

I'm babbling... I'll go now.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babble more! Babble more!

I want to hear about David!

Oh, and GO BREWERS! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home